About Introduction to Small Business Level 3
Attention all rookies. This free online programme is your first step on the path to owning and operating a Small Business.
Learn about opportunities, operations and feasibility, and gain a nationally recognized business qualification.
Boost your confidence and build your expertise in personal, workplace and enterprise management – and apply this practical experience in simulated and real business settings.
No prior workplace experience needed. So why wait? Gain the building blocks for small business success today.
This NZQA recognised programme consists of 4 courses which are each worth 15 credits.
- Small Business Opportunities
- Small Business Operations
- Small Business Feasibility
- Small Business Establishment Plan
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
Technical knowledge and skills
- Identify relevant business opportunities.
- Assess the feasibility and viability of a small business.
- Produce an establishment plan for a small business.
- Evaluate technology options to effectively operate a small business
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Understand the importance of business relationships with stakeholders for a successful business.
- Apply interpersonal skills to contribute to the business’s effectiveness.
- Apply effective problem-solving and decision-making for small business purposes.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.-Manage self effectively to contribute to performance of a small business.
- Identify legislation and other external requirements for a small business
- Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) [Ref: 2457]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4) [Ref: 2456]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Accounting Support Services) (Level 4) [Ref: 2455]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4) [Ref: 2461].
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge that can be applied to identifying business opportunities and planning for a small business
- Students must be over 16 years of age
- Students will be required to have NCEA Level 2 or the equivalent
All of the necessary materials required to successfully complete assessments will be available through the learning platform. For some assessments, you may like to do additional research through textbooks or the internet, however you won’t be required to purchase textbooks. You must have access to a computer, a reliable internet connection, and email (preferably with Microsoft Office or compatible programme).
Where transfer of credit for previous study is being applied for, the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the Intake start date.
See the Recognition of Prior Learning section for full RPL criteria and details on how to undertake an application.
- 21 Weeks Full Time
- 42 Weeks Part Time
The majority of your learning will be based from home, using online materials. Assessments will be a combination of online quizzes and written assessments.
For exact start dates please refer to the calendar.
This course currently has a $39 admin fee. There are no other hidden costs.