Enrolling now -  Apply here


Frequently asked questions

Find answers to your questions

Here are some typical and frequently asked questions about the Business Management Programme qualifications.
Please contact us if you cannot find an answer to your question listed below.

Find answers filed under...

How long are the courses?

They vary, depending on the programme you enrol on. The Level 3 NZ Cert in Business is offered either full-time over 20 weeks, or part-time over 40 weeks.  The Level 4 NZ Cert in Business is only offered part-time over 40 weeks. Level 5 NZ Diploma in Business is offered both full-time over 30 weeks, or part-time over 60 weeks.

Can I take longer?

The government subsidy that pays for the course fee is based on your completing within the maximum timeframe you've been given. There’s a bit of flexibility, but only by a couple of weeks.

How is this qualification delivered?

This qualification is taught fully online.

How much time does it take each week?

The understanding is that full time study should be between 35-40 hours a week and for part time 15-20 hours per week.

Will my courses have exams?

No - each course will have assessments you need to complete during your studies but there are no exams

What does it cost?

There’s no course fee as its fully subsidised by the government.

What does ‘distance learning’ mean?

You don’t need to attend face-to-face classes in a classroom. All courses will be taught through our online learning management system.

Can I get student allowance through Studylink?

This is something you will need to discuss with Studylink.

What if I don’t pass an assessment?

You will get opportunities to resubmit your assessments if it not quite right the first time.

Are there any pre-requisites - what do I need to have to do the course?

Each qualification will have its own entry requirements. You will find these on the individual course pages.

Will I need to have access to a computer and the internet?

Yes - to complete our courses you must have access to both a computer and the internet

What kind of ID do I need to provide to enrol?

You will need to provide a valid copy of your passport or birth certificate.

I don’t have my Residency yet, but I’ve got a Work Visa, can I still apply?

No, sorry – you need to be either NZ/Aust Citizen, or have NZ/Aust Residency to be considered a domestic student.  If you’re on a work visa, you’re classed as an international student, and we’re not approved to enrol international students on the course.

When do applications need to be in by?

You can apply at any time however each qualification has a set start date - if you don't get in before the start date then you will need to wait for the next intake.