About Small Business
Looking to manage your own business – or someone elses? Already in a supervisory role, but need a nationally recognized qualification to back up your skills?
This free online course is your next step to business success.
Develop your expertise in personal, workplace and enterprise management and apply your new found knowledge to simulated and real business scenarios.
Youll graduate with renewed confidence, increased business smarts and a toolkit of essential managerial skills.
This NZQA recognised programme consists of 4 courses which are each worth 15 credits.
- Introduction to Small Business
- Resources for Small Business
- Small Business Finance and Marketing Promotion
- Small Business Project
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Develop a business plan for a small business, develop and implement a system for monitoring and improving business performance, manage the finances for the business, manage the marketing activities of the business, implement technology options for the business, and manage staff and human resources for the business.
- Select and apply customer service techniques to maximise customer satisfaction, develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour in a socially and culturally appropriate manner, maintain personal and/or professional growth for the ongoing effectiveness of the business, work independently and show initiative for achieving goals.
- Comply with internal policies, legislation, and other external requirements for the business.
This qualification may build on from:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3)[Ref: 2454].
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management) (Level 5) [Ref:2459]
- Proposed New Zealand Certificate in Business (Māori Business and Management) (Level 5)[Ref: 2458]
- Other relevant industry qualifications.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to start, operate, and grow a small business in New Zealand.
- Students must be over 16 years of age
- Students will be required to have NCEA Level 2 or the equivalent
- Recommended that students have a minimum of one years’ work experience
All of the necessary materials required to successfully complete assessments will be available through the learning platform. For some assessments, you may like to do additional research through textbooks or the internet, however you won’t be required to purchase textbooks. You must have access to a computer, a reliable internet connection, and email (preferably with Microsoft Office or compatible programme).
Where transfer of credit for previous study is being applied for, the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the Semester start date.
See the Recognition of Prior Learning section for full RPL criteria and details on how to undertake an application.
- 20 Weeks Full Time
- 40 Weeks Part Time
The majority of your learning will be based from home, using online materials. Assessments will be a combination of online quizzes and written assessments.
For exact start dates please refer to the calendar.
This course currently has a $39 admin fee. There are no other hidden costs.