Small Business Success – Free online studies
NZ Certificate in Business (Level 4, Small Business)
Manage your business with a nationally recognized fully-funded qualification worth $3,788.
We have all of your bases covered for small business success. Gain an understanding of the structure and components of business planning and how they can be applied to a chosen New Zealand small business.
Learn about the nature of relationships with stakeholders and business needs for finances, HR, marketing and technology.
This qualification is completed entirely online. All of the necessary materials required to successfully complete assessments will be available through the learning platform. You must have access to a computer, a reliable internet connection, and email.
19 June 2023
17 July 2023 (PT only)
No fees for NZ & AUS Citizens
& Permanent Residents
No hidden costs
Level 4 Studies
Worth a total of 60 NZQA Credits
20 Weeks Full-Time
(35-40 hours weekly)
42 Weeks Part-Time
(15-20 hours weekly)
This NZQA recognised programme consists of 4 courses which are each worth 15 credits. Below is a list of all modules covered.
CREATING A BUSINESS PLAN FOR A SMALL BUSINESS
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF A SMALL BUSINESS
TECHNOLOGY AND HR MANAGEMENT OF A SMALL BUSINESS
MARKETING A SMALL BUSINESS
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Develop a business plan for a small business, develop and implement a system for monitoring and improving business performance, manage the finances for the business, manage the marketing activities of the business, implement technology options for the business, and manage staff and human resources for the business.
- Select and apply customer service techniques to maximise customer satisfaction, develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour in a socially and culturally appropriate manner, maintain personal and/or professional growth for the ongoing effectiveness of the business, work independently and show initiative for achieving goals.
- Comply with internal policies, legislation, and other external requirements for the business.
This qualification may build on from:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3)[Ref: 2454].
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management) (Level 5) [Ref:2459]
- Proposed New Zealand Certificate in Business (Māori Business and Management) (Level 5)[Ref: 2458]
- Other relevant industry qualifications.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to start, operate, and grow a small business in New Zealand.
- Students must be over 16 years of age
- Students will be required to have NCEA Level 2 or the equivalent
- Recommended that students have a minimum of one years’ work experience
- Students must be residing in New Zealand for the duration of their studies
- This programme is only available to New Zealand & Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Where transfer of credit for previous study is being applied for, the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the Semester start date.
See the Recognition of Prior Learning section for full RPL criteria and details on how to undertake an application.
Your learning will be based from home, using online materials. Assessments will be a combination of online quizzes and written assessments.
Have a question? Call us on 0508 626 243
What our students say
“The programme has helped me to view businesses from a management perspective, rather than from the floor”
“The programme not only fitted around my schedule really well, but it meant I could complete my studies faster than if I was attending physical classes, gotta love not having to travel to campus”