- Students must be over 16 years of age
- Students will be required to have NCEA Level 2 or the equivalent
- Students must be residing in New Zealand for the duration of their studies
- This programme is only available to New Zealand and Australian Citizens and New Zealand Permanent Residents.
All of the necessary materials required to successfully complete assessments will be available through the learning platform. For some assessments, you may like to do additional research through textbooks or the internet, however you won’t be required to purchase textbooks. You must have access to a computer, a reliable internet connection, and email (preferably with Microsoft Office or compatible programme).
Where transfer of credit for previous study is being applied for, the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the Intake start date.
See the Recognition of Prior Learning section for full RPL criteria and details on how to undertake an application.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
Technical knowledge and skills
- Understand principles for effective team performance.
- Develop objectives for a team.
- Understand different leadership styles for effective team performance.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively within a team, and contribute to the achievement of objectives.
- Respond positively to diversity within the team.
Cognitive skills -Apply effective problem-solving and decision-making for business purposes.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
- Manage self effectively to contribute to the performance of the entity.
- Comply with internal policies, and legislation and other external requirements for business entities.
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) [Ref: 2457]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4) [Ref: 2456]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4) [Ref: 2461]
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to contribute to effective team performance and the potential to be effective in a leadership role within a team.