About Introduction to Team Leadership (Level 3)
Tired of being just another office worker?
Aspire to be more – become a leader.
Breaking into junior management has never been so easy, thanks to this free online course. Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to effectively manage a team, and apply your learning to real and simulated business scenarios.
Whether you’re a school leaver, a job hunter, or an entry-level employee, this programme will lay the foundations for your leadership success.
This NZQA recognised programme consists of 4 courses which are worth 7 credits, 11 credits and two worth 15 credits.
- Introduction to team leadership
- Leadership styles
- Achieving team objectives
- Team performance
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
Technical knowledge and skills
- Understand principles for effective team performance.
- Develop objectives for a team.
- Understand different leadership styles for effective team performance.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively within a team, and contribute to the achievement of objectives.
- Respond positively to diversity within the team.
Cognitive skills -Apply effective problem-solving and decision-making for business purposes.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
- Manage self effectively to contribute to the performance of the entity.
- Comply with internal policies, and legislation and other external requirements for business entities.
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) [Ref: 2457]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4) [Ref: 2456]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4) [Ref: 2461]
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to contribute to effective team performance and the potential to be effective in a leadership role within a team.
- Students must be over 16 years of age
- Students will be required to have NCEA Level 2 or the equivalent
All of the necessary materials required to successfully complete assessments will be available through the learning platform. For some assessments, you may like to do additional research through textbooks or the internet, however you won’t be required to purchase textbooks. You must have access to a computer, a reliable internet connection, and email (preferably with Microsoft Office or compatible programme).
Where transfer of credit for previous study is being applied for, the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the Intake start date.
See the Recognition of Prior Learning section for full RPL criteria and details on how to undertake an application.
- 17 Weeks Full Time
- 34 Weeks Part Time
The majority of your learning will be based from home, using online materials. Assessments will be a combination of online quizzes and written assessments.
For exact start dates please refer to the calendar.
This course currently has a $39 admin fee. There are no other hidden costs.