This NZQA recognised programme consists of 4 courses which are each worth 15 credits.
- Effective Team Leadership
- Achieving Business Objectives
- Operations Management
- Team Management
Through completion of the programme graduates will be able to:
Technical knowledge and skills
- Manage work flows in an operational context to achieve team objectives.
- Assess against agreed criteria and respond appropriately to achieve operational objectives.
- Motivate and involve a team to achieve the team’s objectives and contribute to the entity’s objectives.
- Communicate to develop relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Manage relationships within a team to sustain a productive workplace environment.
- Promote an inclusive environment to value diversity for positive performance for the entity.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner in leading a team.
- Adapt leadership styles for effectiveness in different environments.
- Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the entity.
This qualification builds on from:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3) [Ref: 2452]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3) [Ref: 2453]
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) (Level 3) [Ref: 2454].
Graduates of this qualification may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Project Management) (Level 5) [Ref: 2459]
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Māori Business and Management) (Level 6) [Ref: 2460]
- Other relevant industry qualifications.
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to work as a first line manager with responsibility for the performance of others, in a business entity.
- Students must be 16 years of age
- Students will be required to have NCEA Level 2 or the equivalent, this includes:
- Minimum of 10 numeracy and 10 literacy credits at Level one or higher on the Directory of Assessment Standards; and
- 60 credits at Level two or above with at least 12 credits in each of three subjects including a minimum of 8 credits at Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori;
- Provisional Entry
- Students who have attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the minimum entry requirements for a programme will be eligible to be enrolled as a student where their previous educational, work or life experience indicates they have a reasonable likelihood of success.
- Students who have not attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the required minimum entry requirements for a programme may also be eligible to enrol in exceptional Such decisions will be made by the School of Business Manager.
All of the necessary materials required to successfully complete assessments will be available through the learning platform. For some assessments, you may like to do additional research through textbooks or the internet, however you won’t be required to purchase textbooks. You must have access to a computer, a reliable internet connection, and email (preferably with Microsoft Office or compatible programme).
Where transfer of credit for previous study is being applied for, the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the Semester start date.
See the Recognition of Prior Learning section for full RPL criteria and details on how to undertake an application.
- 19 Weeks Full Time
- 38 Weeks Part Time
The majority of your learning will be based from home, using online materials. Assessments will be a combination of online quizzes and written assessments.
Upcoming Intakes for 2021
18 October 2021 (now full)
Upcoming Intakes for 2022
17 January 2022 (enroll now)
14 February 2022
21 March 2022
18 April 2022
16 May 2022
13 June 2022
11 July 2022
15 August 2022
There are no fees or hidden costs for this course.